Rithmic Connection takes forever to connect

Hi there, It is taking Rithmic many many many minutes to connect. I’ve tried multiple servers. Sometimes it does eventually connect. Sometimes it fails out.
I’m accessing with a demo account. I’m in Africa, but have 35Mbps average connection speed here.
Can you let me know what to do?
Aaron

Hello @aaronnicholson,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum.

Are you currently connected to any other platform while simultaneously trying to connect on Optimus Flow?

Rithmic may take a few seconds to connect on average, but it does not typically take more than 10 seconds.

I would suggest trying your Rithmic demo on Rithmic’s own platform and see if it takes the same amount of time to connect, if it does, we can likely determine the issue is coming from your PC: http://yyy3.rithmic.com/?page_id=16

Please try R Trader from the link above, set the System field to Rithmic Paper Trading Server and let us know what happens.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

I’ve also noticed Optimus Flow can sometimes take a few minutes to connect via R-Trader. Also connected to R-Trader is Bookmap. I’m on a fast connection, connecting to Europe.

It eventually works so I’m not too bothered, but it would be nice to know why the Optimus Flow connection takes so long when other software connecting through the same R-Trader Pro connection can disconnect and reconnect in seconds. For example, while I was waiting minutes for OF to connect yesterday, I was able to disconnect and reconnect Bookmap multiple times (to the same R-Trader connection). Eventually OF connected without error or me doing anything.

@autobahn

Thanks for your feedback on this, it is definitely something we can look to.

From what I’ve noticed and in my experience, the R Trader Pro plugin works best when you open a fresh instance of Optimus Flow LAST out of all three platforms. My advice would be to first open R Trader Pro, then Bookmap, and then finally Optimus Flow with your settings already configured for the plugin and it should work fine!

I will speak with our developers and Rithmic about improving connection times.

Let me know if this helps!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support