Rithmic Disconnect Enforced by Broker- not sure why

Here’s what my log from Ninja Trader says, though not sure why I was disconnected- there was definitely no second logon!

2020-09-15 21:16:25:920|1|32|Dynamic SuperDOM submitting order to an active strategy ‘THE ORB - 1/208702904’
2020-09-15 21:16:25:920|1|32|Dynamic SuperDOM submitting order with strategy ‘THE ORB - 1’ (Ticks)
2020-09-15 21:16:25:938|1|32|Order=‘ac69b4acdb0241c8b1044a11f3edc5bc/DanielOrregoOUP08247668’ Name=‘Entry’ New state=‘Submitted’ Instrument=‘ES 12-20’ Action=‘Sell’ Limit price=3392.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=2 Type=‘Limit’ Time in force=GTC Oco=‘’ Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=‘No error’ Native error=‘’
2020-09-15 21:16:25:982|1|32|Order=‘1146816714/DanielOrregoOUP08247668’ Name=‘Entry’ New state=‘Accepted’ Instrument=‘ES 12-20’ Action=‘Sell’ Limit price=3392.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=2 Type=‘Limit’ Time in force=GTC Oco=‘’ Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=‘No error’ Native error=‘’
2020-09-15 21:16:25:982|1|32|Order=‘1146816714/DanielOrregoOUP08247668’ Name=‘Entry’ New state=‘Working’ Instrument=‘ES 12-20’ Action=‘Sell’ Limit price=3392.75 Stop price=0 Quantity=2 Type=‘Limit’ Time in force=GTC Oco=‘’ Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=‘No error’ Native error=‘’
2020-09-15 21:16:27:040|0|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Disconnect enforced by broker or 2nd login to the same account
2020-09-15 21:16:27:040|1|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Primary connection=Disconnecting, Price feed=Disconnecting
2020-09-15 21:16:27:285|1|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected
2020-09-15 21:17:03:550|1|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
2020-09-15 21:17:18:729|0|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Please check your account connection parameters and internet connection. (Logon failed)
2020-09-15 21:17:18:729|1|2|My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage: Primary connection=Disconnected, Price feed=Disconnected
2020-09-15 21:17:42:669|1|4|Workspace Untitled saved

Hello @incrediblechap,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum!

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you obtain this Rithmic account of yours? Is this a live account obtained from Ninja Trader? Is this a demo account? Or is this a live account you obtained via Optimus Futures?

Based on the line of text above, it appears you were disconnected due to a second login attempt on another platform or a second, concurrent login attempt on Ninja.

If you do need to connect to multiple platforms at once, you can either use R Trader Pro’s plugin feature as we show in this video:

Or you can ask your broker to increase the following fields in R Manager below to allow you to connect to multiple platforms at the same time without the use of this plugin:

Max Session Count
Max Session Count for Orders
Max Session Count for Market Data

Please keep in mind that if you do not use the plugin feature via R Trader Pro and have your broker increase the fields above, you will incur separate CME market data charges for each concurrent login of yours.If you need more than 2 concurrent logins, you will be charged as a professional.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Jake,

My good sir! Many thanks for your very kind and caring response.

Some facts to consider:

1. There was no second logon attempt- either by myself, or another automated system.

2. RTrader Pro was simply downloaded from the Rithmic site, and the credentials used to access the brokerage were provided by OneUpTrader- I am currently in a funding evaluation with them, which is why the disconnection has so dramatically hurt my progress!

3. I have called and emailed Rithmic multiple times yesterday and today, and there has been no response, which is deeply concerning, given that I can see in my OneUpTrader that the nearly $1,500.00 I earned in trading yesterday is not accounted for.

Any insight you can offer would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Your credentials that are created are from either your broker(FCM-Clearing Firm) or from the other company you mentioned.
They are the ones who should test it and see what is going on. Rithmic gives them all the tools to assign you the user name and password, manage risk, and enable markets.
You are going for support in the wrong places.

I hope this helps.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

1 Like

@incrediblechap

Thanks for following up.

I know you mention that there was no second login attempt, but based on the logs you have provided, it seems something interrupted your connection. Whether it was an issue from Ninja Trader’s end or not it is hard for us to say, but there was clearly something interfering here based on these logs.

As Matt mentioned in his post, this is technically not an issue with Rithmic nor should they be the ones supporting you on this. You could experience this same thing across multiple data feeds if there were in fact two login attempts or your account is not enabled for a specific platform.

I would encourage you to reach out to OneUp about this if this is where you obtained your Rithmic credentials.

I hope this steers you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

@Mod-MattZ
@Mod-JakeM

Fellers, many thanks for the helpful thoughts- indeed, I spoke to OneUpTrader.

They confirmed that in fact, the disconnect was from their side, quite specifically, not a local event (loss of internet connectivity, or OS/Application problem) on my side.

I pressed them on the exact nature of what caused the disconnect, but they were very cagey in their answers, essentially punting with, “it was a technical problem.”

They did restore my account, but it was blown, as a result of having resting orders in play, when the disconnect occurred. Given that my positions were not flattened automatically, I will have to start over.

That said, I am contesting this, as given that the problem originated on their end (Rithmic/OneUpTrader), and the log files demonstrate this to be the case, it should not be incumbent upon me to bear responsibility for the account being blown- ergo, hitting its max drawdown- additionally, I should not be penalized for not being Johnny-on-the-spot in contacting them to manage my trades- the error message in the log file said, “Rithmic Disconnect.”

Anyhow, this has been a brutal lesson, given that I still cannot trade, and am in jeopardy of losing 10 trading days and over $4,000.00 of a $6,000.00 target in an evaluation account, pursuant to $100,000.00 in funding.

My take away here is that there are some very serious and significant connectivity and programmatic shortcomings to these platforms which have not been addressed.

We’ll see what happens!

1 Like

You should consider opening a real live account, and trade Micros while not chasing companies that give you virtual money while you dream of being “funded” and playing catch up on disconnects and complaining over virtual money being lost.

Consider Optimus Flow, our own platform that runs with RIthmic, and Jake who has been helpful here will make sure it is operational.

All the best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

1 Like