Rithmic Enables Break Even Brackets in R | Trader™ and R | Trader Pro™

Rithmic front-end trading screens, R | Trader™, and R | Trader Pro™, now provide their users with break-even bracket orders. For illustration, please watch this video:

To donwload and test R Trader Pro please visit the following page:

Thank you,
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
The placement of contingent orders by you or broker, or trading advisor, such as a “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” order, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders. The high degree of leverage that is often obtainable in commodity interest trading can work against you as well as for you.

1 Like

Hello, new here and trialing R trader pro and enjoying the great posts here.
In the brackets orders extended settings you have the option of EITHER break even + OR a trailing stop. I am wondering if there is a way of having Both: The initial stop trailed to break even after the first advance, and thereafter trailed after further advance by the pre determined number of ticks. I wrongly thought the ORDER DEFAULT settings would be actionned if I use brackets orders, but they didn’t.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @yiehom,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Optimus Community Forum!

Like you alluded to, an R Trader and R Trader Pro bracket order only allows you to have one trailing bracket order or a break-even bracket order enabled on the same order ticket. You cannot have both enabled simultaneously on the same order ticket within the bracket order configuration settings.

That being said, there may be a slight workaround to this issue that can be done through the Place Order window. If you are not familiar with the place order entry window, you can open this by navigating to Trade > Place Order:

It appears that you may be able utilize a stop limit or stop market as an “entry order” with a trailing stop attached to it. At the same time, you can then enable and configure a bracket order. Within this bracket order, you could enable a breakeven stop.

You may have to test this configuration to see whether or not it serves a suitable solution for what you were attempting to accomplish, but it does appear to function correctly upon placing the order. Please take the parameters I entered within my order entry window with a grain of salt, the parameters are not technically accurate in any way, I merely used them as an example.

Let me know if this works for what you were looking to accomplish! I am curious as to whether or not you will find this helpful!

For future questions, feel free to create a new thread, we’d love to answer anything you throw our way.

Thanks for the time,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Thanks a lot for an awesome answer, Sir. I hope I will be able to follow your instructions and try them on demo and let you what happens.

Cheers !

Yiehom

1 Like