Brackets, Break even and Trailing stops

Continuing the discussion from Rithmic Enables Break Even Brackets in R | Trader™ and R | Trader Pro™:

I was unable to follow Jake’s instructions, as the system rejected my order. I then tried a simpler system, within the brackets settings window: The trailing treshold is 2 ticks longer than the initial stop. That way I keep the 2 ticks if stopped at that level.
It seemed to work, but I find the calculations easier with CL and GC than say NQ or ES.

Hello @yiehom,

Thanks for following up and continuing the conversation!

Although the parameters I listed in the last thread had no rhyme or reason behind them and were used merely as place holders, they did seem to execute for me! So although you may have been rejected on yours, I do believe this order configuration seems to be possible with the correct parameters and order types added.

That being said, would you mind providing us with a screenshot on the simpler approach you took to achieve what you were looking to accomplish? This could help traders that stumble upon this post down the line looking to complete something similar! The tick calculations do vary between contract to contract, so I would suggest sticking with the contracts you are comfortable calculating when doing this sort of bracket configuration.

Feel free to follow up if you have additional questions or screenshots to share with us! We’d love to see what you were working on and would also love to help if additional questions arise. Feel free to start an additional thread if you have questions not related to this topic!

Thanks for your contribution,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

I saved a copy of the settings on my desk but couldn’t find the way to attach to my message, Now I looked again and found it. Not exactely what you might call a geek here, Jake :)As for the NQ/ES tick calculation, I got it by multiplying the number I get when substracting two quotes by 4

@yiehom

Thank you for providing us with the screenshot! Hopefully, this will serve as a solution for those traders looking to solve a similar issue to the one you originally encountered.

There are so many different combinations that you can use when it comes to bracket orders, it is good to know that you found a bracket order method suitable for what you were looking to accomplish!

Don’t hesitate to ask further questions, we’d love to help.
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: