Rithmic is Suffering Issues with data feed - Call Support Error Message

Hi I just request an Optimus Trader demo and had no problems logging into the platform and adding my live Rithmic data feed but I received an error message that said Rithmic is Suffering Issues with data feed please contact support once I connected it.

I was able to open a chart and data loaded at first, but after a few seconds data stopped coming in and my chart was stuck.

Can you please help?

@Gicewixel

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about the issue you are experiencing.

This error typically occurs when the user’s data feed is already in use on another platform. You mentioned that you are using a live Rithmic account, are you currently using this account to trade on another platform?

Knowing this will allow us to troubleshoot the issue further.
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Hi yes I use my live Rithmic account on Sierra Chart to trade right now but am looking into other platforms so I tried Optimus Trader

@Gicewixel

You are receiving this error because you are logged into both platforms simultaneously. Essentially both platforms, Sierra Chart and Optimus Trader, are “fighting” over your single data feed. That is why you were allowed to login initially and some data loaded, however, once Sierra Chart reconnected it cut you off from Optimus Trader.

Rithmic does allow concurrent login sessions, but at the time it appears you were only enabled for one session at a time.

For now feel free to log out of Sierra Chart entirely and close down the platform. Then refresh your Optimus Trader page and you should receive data as you would expect!

In the meantime we will work with your FCM to increase your Rithmic concurrent login status, allowing you to connect to multiple trading platforms at the same time and receive data without any issues.

For any traders who may stumble upon this thread down the line who are receiving this same error message, please email: jake@optimusfutures.com or support@optimusfutures.com so we can quickly assist you.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Thanks for your help