Rithmic User Agreement

Hi Mattz,

I am using 2 pc’s with NT on both and Sierra on both. I use the Rithmic feed for both Sierra and Ninja. One of the pc’s is just a back up pc that runs XP Pro. My main PC runs windows 7. Will I not be able to continue using NT, Sierra with the Rithmic feed on the back up pc that has XP installed on it since you said Rithmic only supports Windows 7 and Windows 8? The Rithmic agreement, is this based per machine ID, physical IP address of each pc or username via broker? Do I have to download the Rithmic Trader onto both pc’s or just the one?

No. I have 64-bit Vista. Been using this for years with Rithmic and MultiCharts.

If Rithmic doesn’t support Vista, then it should change so that it does. I’m not changing my operating system to one that I don’t like, just to please Rithmic with an online agreement.

This is ridiculous.

Hello Emini2014,

Thank you for your post.

You would only need to accept the agreements for each username.

So, if you use separate logins for Sierra Chart and NinjaTrader, you would need to accept the agreements for both of these. If you use the same login, you would need to accept it just once. Since it is only based upon username, you would not need to accept them on both PCs, just one.

Hello Bobbaker,

Thank you for your post.

Have you tried downloading and installing R Trader? Even though it may not be officially supported on Vista, it is most likely that it will install and you would be able to accept the online agreements. Once this is done, you would not need to use R Trader on this machine.

If you have downloaded and installed R Trader, but the agreements window appears as blank, please note that Vision Financial Markets is aware that some users are not seeing these agreements and is working to resolve this. They will be sending out an email update with further instructions if you are one of the affected users.

The recent changes that Rithmic is implementing are a result of changes that he CME is requiring, not Rithmic. This issue is of no pleasure to any party, and everybody is doing their best to resolve it. While I I understand the issue, adding the “it is ridiculous” add little value in trying to help everyone to resolve this.

Having said all that, the reason that Rithmic does not support Vista or XP is because Microsift has stopped supporting these products. Therefore it would be hard to expect Rithmic to do further developments for this product.
Please take a look at this for your reference: Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Microsoft Windows Help

Your MC and Rithmic may continue working on Vista, but I certainly understand why Rithmic will not dedicate resources or support for a product that even its originators stop it or about to.

Matt

MichaelJ, yes I had already downloaded and installed the new RTrader. I went to my wife’s computer this morning, which has Windows7 on it, did the same, and NO Agreements appeared. Also, the Agreement window was empty when I clicked on it through ‘File’.

I’ve tried to get the agreements page using my Rithmic Login details on 3 seperate pc’s and no aggreements are either listed under File, Agreements or automatically show up upon log like the demo video. What’s the latest update from Rithmic on this issue and where does it leave us come Friday if we still can get these aggreements signed.

Sorry, Matt, but it’s still ‘ridiculous’ that I can’t receive this agreement that Rithmic says must be signed in order to continue to receive data from them. I also downloaded and installed the new RTrader on my wife’s computer which has Windows7 on it. Same empty results.

We are working very hard with Rithmic to resolve this issue. I am not a spokes person for Rithmic, but I am sure they will be flexible as far as the date if this is not implementable by the 25th.
Matt

Thank you for your efforts, Matt.

>> Having said all that, the reason that Rithmic does not support Vista or XP is because Microsift has stopped supporting these products. Therefore it would be hard to expect Rithmic to do further developments for this product. <<

Microsoft has stopped supporting XP but still supports Vista

When i tried again now, I got the Agreements. Hope it is fixed for all the others here to.

Works fine today:-) Nothing to do with versions of OS, same on all platforms and now I get the agreements as I should. Thanks for the work Matt:-)

Works for me now too (Vista operating system).

Guys, Thank you for the kind words and I appreciate your patience. Some bugs have been fixed, and everything should be ok now, if there are users that are still experiencing issues, Rithmic and the Optimus team will help you out individually. In order to accommodate our users Rithmic has extend the date to April 29,2014.

During the process of helping customers, we noticed the following:

1. Some customers have been using older versions of R Trader, PLEASE use only the updated version to complete the process: https://rithmic.com/rtrader.msi
  2. Some were able to agree to the terms, BUT did not have the ability to pick the Profession or Non-Professional. Please go back to your R-Trader and you should be able to see it now. You must redo it again if options was not available before.

Again, thank you helping us in the process.

Matt

I talked to rithmic (well, email conversation) and they said they have fixed the problem and all we have to do is run RTrader again. Sure enough, I just logged in and the agreements were there right when I logged in.
-steve

For your convenience I have attached a documented instruction PDF.
Rithmic_Certification_Instructions.pdf (332 KB)

Have a good weekend.

Matt

Rithmic updated their latest version to 12.17.1.0
Everything should be operational there.

Matt