Scaling out of the position

I can’t seem to find a way to scale out on the chart. For example if I’ve 5 contracts and I want to sell 3 at a specific price. Is there a way on the chart to do it? Thanks

3 Likes

Hello @Alvi,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum.

To answer your question, it ultimately depends on your method and strategy. There are a few ways to approach this. You can essentially place your orders in whatever method you like and then modify them from the chart as needed.

In my opinion, the easiest way to implement this would be to use Optimus Flow’s chart trading mode. As shown in the image below, you can click the “Mouse icon” where the arrow is pointing to activate chart trading. This will essentially convert your crosshairs into order entry buttons, a left click becomes a buy order and a right click becomes a sell.

Once your entry order is placed, you can then activate chart trading, reduce your quantity to 3, and then left/right click at your specified price to partially scale out of your position.

Optimus Flow will display orders and positions on your chart when that symbol is open. You can follow the same method described above, but place these orders from any panel on the platform (DOM, order entry, etc.) and then modify them directly from your chart.

I hope this helps, please let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

3 Likes

Thanks Jake, appreciate your help.

2 Likes