Sterling Trader Pro

Hello. Curious if you offer Sterling Trader Pro?

1 Like

Hello, @grayfrog

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum.

Sterling Trader Pro is not on our list of platforms that we support nor can I find one of our partners supported on their website. We do work with Wedbush, but Sterling Trader’s websites mentions Wedbush Securities, not Wedbush futures. Although these are both under the same parent company, I believe these are two seperate Wedbush branches.

If Sterling Trader can access Rithmic, CQG, TT, or CTS data through Wedbush Futures then yes, we can offer you this platform!

I could not find a list of third-party support data feeds on their website, so this is something that you might want to speak with their support about. Generally, if there is a platform that accepts Rithmic data, we should be able to connect your account to it.

Let me know if you have further questions! If you know the data feeds this platform works with, that will help me answer your question as well! I will try and reach out to Wedbush for you and see if the connection is possible.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Hi Jake,

Thank you for such a quick reply. I would appreciate any help you may be able to find out. I’ve tried chatting with their support but haven’t gotten a clear answer from them. Honestly the only reason I’m even persisting with this is that the platform can trade futures, stock and stock options. Other than the all-in-one platforms (TD, TOS, TWS) it doesn’t seem there are many out there.

Thank you again.

1 Like

@grayfrog

Hi Ethan,

I’ve just received word back from Wedbush Futures and unfortunately, they do not support Sterling Trader at this time. I cannot find any information on their website listing a data feed or company that we work with, so I do not think we can support our customers on this platform.

If you are looking for a platform that is compatible with us that supports multiple asset classes such as Futures and stocks, there are other options out there. MultiCharts, TradingView, Sierra Chart, and Tradestation all support Stock and Futures data. There are other options as well if none of these work for you, but these are among some of the most popular.

Let me know what you think or if you need any help getting started with any of these platforms! You can find our entire selection of platforms here: Futures Trading Platforms & Software | Optimus Futures

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Thank you again for checking.

With regards to platform, I have used Sierra and like it a lot but unfortunately options trading is pretty much non existent with them. Multicharts as well doesn’t have option trading ability.

My main trading is options and futures.

What platforms do you recommend for trading futures, stock and stock options? I’ve looked at Motivewave because it fits all those criteria but it seems less widely used. What can you tell me about Motivewave from an execution and data handling perspective? Is there a reason it isn’t as popular are multicharts, sierra or ninja?

Thank you.

1 Like

We can not get into subjective topics such as why one platform is more popular than another.
You have to test the platform of choice, and see if it fits your needs.
MotiveWave uses CQG and Rithmic, and we apply both.

If you are looking for one platform that provides all three assets, then you need to find an API and platform that supports all three. In my opinion, you should separate the assets and find a platform that is good for equity options and Futures. For Futures, as Jake recommended, try Optimus Flow.

1 Like