Suggestions/solutions? Charts and DOM real time updates

I have been trying out the demo account version of optimus trader. It has been working more or less. But I have hit several issues. Matt suggested I use using chrome, where it’s better than MS Edge. I am on windows 10.

1. Browser crashes with “ah snap” error somewhat regularly.
  2. Many times, the screen is blank(all widgets), except the top bar. I try to logoff, but nothing happens. Restarting the browser and clearing the cache does not help. It seems to resolve itself after some minutes.
  3. The chart and DOM are Not in sync.
  4. The chart is definitely not correct. Is there any way I can refresh the chart?

Appreciate your insights.

Hello @an41,

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced while demoing Optimus Trader.

After reaching out to our developers, we have confirmed that issues 2. 3. and 4. were the result of a connectivity issue that was occurring with Rithmic. According to them they have fixed the problem. When you get the chance, please try the platform again and let us know if you run into these issues again.

As for 4. you can refresh a chart by left clicking the “refresh wheel” located to the right of your chart’s time frame as shown in the image below:

As for .1 and the “Aw Snap” error, this can occur when execution stops or hits an infinite loop, but with both of these issues, you would typically experience a slow to non-responsive interface leading up to it. Are you able to provide us with any more details or issues leading up to the “Aw Snap” error you received? This is something that unfortunately, the team at Optimus nor our developers have run into yet. If you are able to, please provide us with any additional information leading up to this error.

Once again, thank you for your patience and demoing Optimus Trader. We hope you are enjoying the platform other than these issues you have experienced. If you have any additional questions feel free to post them!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Thanks for this. I have not seen 3 happen, but 2 did happen few more times. Is there anything I can capture which will help you debug those?

Hi @an41,

Thank you for following up on those issues you experienced.

If you run into #2 or any issue for that matter again while using Optimus Trader, please right click Optimus Trader logo in the top left corner of the platform. This will automatically download a .json file, which allow our developers to gather and analyze a log file of everything going on within Optimus Trader’s back end. When/if this occurs again and you end up downloading the .json file, you can email it over to jake@optimusfutures.com and I will address the issue individually with you.

Thanks for your patience and help with the platform. We really appreciate it!
-Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: