Trading Routine | How to Prepare for the Trading Day

Originally published at: https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/archives/trading-routine/%20

This article on Trading Routine is the opinion of Optimus Futures. Key Points Although there is no sure-shot formula for winning in the markets, there’s a sure-shot formula for losing big, and it’s called “lack of preparation.” Your trading routine, from the moment you begin your trading day to market close, will likely define your overall performance. The biggest mistake you can ever make besides not preparing for your trading day is letting your mental and physical attributes suffer as a result of your trading. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin Whether you succeed…

2 Likes

@Mod-MattZ love the part about prepping, specifically when it comes to research and analysis.

So many times, just in the last few weeks, the levels and trends that I’ve drawn on my charts and kept there come up again and again. Sometimes even to the exact price, a once resistance level that becomes support is tested weeks later and just touches it.

If you stop and think about that, it means that the bid went down to that exact spot, sellers traded into that without taking the whole price then it moved up.

Yes, the market is unpredictable because PEOPLE are unpredictable, but some of the things I’ve experienced in chart analysis simply can’t just be coincidence, it’s proper planning.

1 Like