Trailing stop loss in Tradingview

Hi,
how can I use a trailing stop order in Tradingview?
Thanks

Hi @colino2510,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I’m afraid this feature may only be available for Forex traders trading through the OANDA datafeed on TradingView. I attempted to access this feature using a futures data feed and could not access trailing stops, the only way I could display the order type was when logged into OANDA. I would still suggest trying and let me know what you see, the trading panel looked essentially the same when connected to futures data rather than Forex, the major difference was the inability to select trailing stops as an order type.

1. Open the settings window and activate the Buy/Sell panel if you have not done so already.

2. Once the buy/sell panel has been activated, left click on either the buy or sell side of the panel. Doing so will automatically bring up the order entry window for the specified symbol.

3. Once in the order entry window, you will need to left click and activate the Stop Loss option.

Doing so will grant you the ability to select and switch between stop loss and trailing stops if you left click within the appropriate section.

Like I mentioned above, I was able to access trailing stops because I was connect to the OANDA Forex data feed. From what I can find, this is only available through OANDA Forex on TradingView and not futures, so please keep that in mind. I’ll continue to look into this for you, for now I wanted to leave you with what I could find!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

To follow up with this issue, the following statement has come directly from Trading View support: “Currently the Trailing Stops are supported only within the OANDA integration. it will be added in the future for all the brokers who support this order type on their backend.”

Trailing Orders are currently supported on CQG Desktop in it’s current state, based off what was stated above, it is likely that we can expect trailing stops to be brought to TradingView in the near future.

Thanks for your question @colino2510. We hope you found this helpful! Feel free to post additional questions as they arise.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Any idea when this will be added?

Hi @David_Barratt,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum!

Unfortunately, there still is no support for trailing stop-loss orders in TradingView for data feeds other than OANDA.

We will attempt to reach out to one of their representatives for you to see if there is a timetable for this feature to be implemented into other data feeds.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: