Trailing stop loss

Hello

I really love quantower and I understand that this feature might not be on it. but I wounder if it could be added to optimus flow.

I would like to be able to set up a trailing stop target. for example, if the trade moves 6 points in my favor, my stop loss will automatically moves to 5 points in the money. this way, if price comes back towards my entry, I get exited with 5 points.

I really struggle with closing losers early and I often shoot for home runs. I feel like this feature that I’m requesting will allow me to catch profits by accepting base hits. if the trade doesn’t exit me at 5 points in the money, then it can be a home run trade.

I know Ninjatrader has this feature but I don’t like Ninjatrader that platform is depressing.

Hi @Mr_Swolezekiel,
Thanks for your post and welcome to the Optimus Futures community forum!

Optimus Flow actually already has a trailing stop feature. In its current state, Optimus flow’s trailing stop can be configured under the “bracket’s mode” section of your chart or DOM’s side entry order panel:

Under “No SL” which stands for No Stop Loss activated, you can enable this (1.) button and then enable the “trailing stop” option (2.):

After you enable the stop loss feature and activate trailing stops, enter your desired stop loss offset value (3.) to specify how many ticks away from your entry price you want the initial stop loss to be set.

This offset will determine the distance at which your stop loss will be initially placed, and it will adjust automatically as the market price rises (the stop price rises tick by tick as the futures contract price rises, but if the price of the contract falls, the stop loss price doesn’t change and the trailing stop remains working at the last modified price).

At this time though we do not have a way to customize a static trailing offset, which is what it sounds like you may be asking for - at this time the trailing offset is automatically modified and adjusted by the platform based on the market price tick movement.

This is something we can always talk to our developers about for potential implementation though! We appreciate you asking about this feature and we hope you find this explanation and our current iteration of trailing stops helpful!

Best,
Jake
Optimus futures Support