The user trust system is a fundamental cornerstone of Optimus Futures Trading Community. Trust levels are a way of…
• Sandboxing new users in our community so that they cannot accidentally hurt themselves, or other users while they are learning what to do.
• Granting experienced users more rights over time, so that they can help everyone maintain and moderate the community they generously contribute so much of their time to.
Optimus offers three user trust levels.
Trust Level 0 — New
By default, all new users start out at trust level 0, meaning trust has yet to be earned. These are visitors who just created an account, and are still learning the community norms and the way our trading community works. New users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and ours.
(We also want to hide any “advanced” functionality from new users to make the UI less confusing for them as they gain more experience.)
Users at trust level 0 cannot …
• “Reply as new topic” via Link button (UI removed)
• Flag posts
• Post more than 1 image
• Post any attachments
• Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
• Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
• Mention more than 2 users in a post
• Post more than 3 topics in the first 24 hours after creating their first post
• Post more than 10 replies in the first 24 hours after creating their first post
Trust Level 1 — Basic
At Optimus Futures, we believe reading is the most fundamental and healthy action in any community. If a new user is willing to spend a little time reading, they will quickly be promoted to the first trust level.
Get to trust level 1 by…
• entering at least 5 topics
• reading at least 30 posts
• spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 1 can…
• use all core Optimus Futures Trading Community functions; all new user restrictions are removed
• Upload images and attachments if enabled
• Edit wiki posts
• Flag posts
Trust Level 2 — Member
Members keep coming back to our community over a series of weeks; they have not only read, but actively participated long and consistently enough to be trusted with full citizenship.
Get to trust level 2 by…
• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
• casting at least 1 like
• receiving at least 1 like
• replying to at least 3 different topics
• entering at least 20 topics
• reading at least 100 posts
• spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts
Users at trust level 2 can…
• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
• Daily like limit increased by 1.5×