Volume Profiles Per Session

Hi everyone

I’m trialing Optimus Flow to see if it fits my trading style and I typically use volume profiles attached to Globex and RTH in any given 24hr period to see how volume is moving in the market.

I was able to create a stepped profile on a per 24hr or a set er hour/day/week basis, but there does not seem to be an option to define trading sessions in the platform and then attach volume profiles to each session.

Am I missing something or is this functionality simply not available?

My main chart layout is attached below, and as you can see the VP starts at midnight and therefore missing the first 30min of RTH trading (in my timezone). How can I specify a custom trading hours sessions or even better, divide the chart into Globex and RTH sections?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

1 Like

Hello @mikesz,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum!

We do have the ability to create custom sessions on Optimus Flow and hope to make this even easier down the line when separating the Globex, Overnight Session and RTH.

As of right now, when you have a chart open (any chart or TPO will work), right click the chart > Settings

Once open, click on the View tab and then navigate to the Custom Sessions section and click on the + as shown in the image below:

After you click on the + you will have the ability to configure and enter custom session times as shown below.

The times entered here will allow you to separate and specify custom trading hours and sessions on your chart. You can essentially create these custom sessions for any hours or markets you like.

Does this help what you were looking for? Please let us know!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Hi
I also need this. I think what he means Jake he wants to be able to select the range of a Volume Profile to be market open and market close. Please see the screenshot, as you see I do not have the option to select a session, only the default ranges.

Screenshot_12

Also, where can I get the Cumulative Delta indicator as well as the KAMA indicator?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @J_T,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the community forum!

We appreciate you taking the time to further elaborate on the original post above. I will approach our developers and see if we can add this type of quality of life feature to volume profile sessions. I agree, this would be very helpful.

At this time Cumulative Delta indicators and the KAMA indicator are not available. I will encourage them to add these as well.

We will keep you updated and as soon as I have some feedback from our development team, I will follow up on this thread!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

Any update on this feature?
A quality platform like this should include this option, imho :slight_smile:

Hi @Pelle,

Although the requested feature above has not been fully implemented yet, in my opinion, you can accomplish something similar by using the custom profile feature.

Once you left-click custom profile, Optimus Flow will have the user draw a square around the portion of data you’d like to display volume profile for a specific section of data. Through this feature, you can essentially create your own volume profile session ranges.

This isn’t exactly what was requested, but until further implementation is added this can be used as an alternative!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures