What assets can i trade?

hi optimus team,

i am very unclear what assets i can trade, & what i cannot. can optimus provide a list of assets i can trade, specific to my account, & based on my trading setup (amp-rithmic)? this is a very basic requirement & a reasonable must-know for anyone who is trading

there were 2 instances in recent months my orders were ‘rejected’ when placed

• 2 mths ago an RTY order was rejected. a check with optimus showed they forgot to ‘enable’ RTY for my account
  • today, i attempted an order on 6M & received the log msg that my available margin was exhausted. a check with amp showed that they ‘recently’ removed peso from trading, as they deemed it high risk. i received no such notice from amp nor optimus on its removal

thank you!

amp%20chat%20-%20not%20enough%20margin%20to%20submit%20pending%20order%20for%206M%2C%20peso%20(chat)

1 Like

Hi Econbizer,

Sorry for the issues you are having. Let’s address them one at a time:

1. RTY was a relatively recent addition to the CME. It replaced the TF from ICE. We will discuss with AMP to add that as a standard.
  2. 6M was probably removed due to risk management issues. The Mexican peso is not a very liquid currency in Futures or cash and could be susceptible to inability to liquidate in case of spikes, price surges, etc. We have to respect the policies implemented by our FCMs and in this case AMP.

Rithmic has access to Eurex and CME liquid markets. ES, CL, GC, etc.
On Eurex all the liquid contracts, DAX, Bunds, Bobl, etc.

Thank you for taking the time to erase your account and the staff you dealt with. This is very considerate of you.

Thank you
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Hi Matt,

i appreciate you taking time providing background. guess it makes sense. totally understand that amp is a discount broker

hope optimus can speak with amp on issuing notifications on instances like 6M. it is a reasonable request from even small clients, to want to know which assets they can trade

Thank you for your time,
eb

You are very welcome. Glad to be of help.
We will take your words under consideration and advise customers of 6M ahead of time.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures