What is the most preferred platform that Optimus Futures provides?

Hello thanks for having me. I am having a hard time deciding on which platform I should use. There are so many options listed on your website along with the data possibilities that can connect to them.

I have been using CQG Desktop, but I’ve found it a bit limited for me.

Does anyone have any recommendations on platforms for me? I don’t need anything too fancy, I like executing my trades through a DOM.

Thanks

Hello @BizFutures,

As you may know, Optimus Futures offers over 40 different platforms that we configure our traders with. Feel free to take a look at the list here: Futures Trading Platforms & Software | Optimus Futures

Finding the right solution FOR YOU is the most important aspect when it comes to determining a trading platform. Being that we offer so many platforms, we don’t typically like to pick favorites.

We can help determine what platform is best for you based off a few different criteria:

1. Are you looking for a free platform?
  2. What type of features do you need besides a DOM?
  3. Do you use charting for analysis, if so, what type of indicators do you use?
  4. Do you have a specific data feed in mind?
  5. What order types do you use for execution?

Although many of the platforms contain the same features, each implements them in their own way. Some platforms are oriented around charting, while some solely focus on execution.

Feel free to elaborate on the exact features you need, this will help us address which platform is best for you!

Thanks for your question,
Optimus Futures - Client Services

@Mod-ClientServices

At this point I am pretty open to whatever platform your team suggests.

Free is always nice! But I would rather pay for something quality, with features that I need rather than something that only scratches the surface to what I am looking for.

Besides DOMs, I do use charts for the majority of my analysis. Recently I’ve been dabbling into footprint charts and some volume profile stuff. Although that is not absolutely necessary, it would be nice to have the option for those sort of features. I do also like to trade from the chart when using these types of chart styles and indicators, so if you recommend something that has good chart trading and DOM trading that would be nice.

I also am open to any data you suggest that can connect to a platform that fits what I mentioned above. I really only trade the ES and some of the HK futures.

Thanks in advance

@BizFutures

Based on what information you have provided us with that you are looking for in a platform, it sounds like you might enjoy Sierra Chart!

To access footprint charts and volume profile, you will need to subscribe to Sierra Chart service package 5. This is $35/month. With Sierra Chart package 5 you will gain access to the following features/indicators:

Also, Sierra Chart has a great chart trading mode, making it very easy and efficient when attempting to execute orders through a chart. They also have a great DOM which is very easy to use!

Finally, I would suggest using CQG for data. You are already configured for it, like you mentioned and it works very well with Sierra Chart, you also have the option of continuing to use their mobile trading platform, CQG Desktop (if you are still interested in mobile trading) and CQG has access to HK futures. Keep in mind you will not be able to log into CQG Desktop and Sierra Chart with the same CQG login at the same time.

If you’re interested, feel free to try out our demo of Sierra Chart: Sierra Chart Free Demo | Teton Order Routing | Optimus Futures

Thanks for your time,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug: