What learning resources do you recommend for aspiring traders?

Hey,

I am new to the world of investing and trading in the stock market and have no knowledge whatsoever. Please provide some good free guides

1 Like

Even if you don’t trade futures, The CME Group website is a great place to start. Make an account. (it’s free) Then head over to the education section of the site. All of the information they have is free of charge, and buddy, there is a lot of it. If you’ve got a question about anything futures-related, odds are you can find the answer there. They also have education about Economic Event Releases like PPI or the Beige Book for example.

Here are a few books that own personally and that have made remarkable improvements in not only my trading but in my overall life as well. I think they might interest you as well:

• Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke. Great book on making better decisions with incomplete information. Especially when time is of the essence.

• Alpha Trader by Brent Donelly In my humble opinion, this is a book that should be on every trader’s bookshelf. I would consider this mandatory reading for anyone interested or already involved in trading, from noob to expert. He covers just about everything there is to cover. From mindset and psychology to methodology and math. He backs everything thing up with more empirical data, references, and personal experiences than ANY OTHER BOOK on trading I’ve ever read, and I’ve read a lot. He makes it entertaining too (check out the footnotes)! Another book by Brent that I would recommend is The Art of Currency Trading. It is about trading the FX markets, but the information translates beautifully to futures as well and is just as detailed as Alpha Trader.

• Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques and Beyond Candlesticks by Steve Nison. This is the man that brought Japanese candlesticks, alternate charts (like Renko charts for example), and charting techniques to the west and changed the way the world looks at trading forever. This is basically Charting 101 & 102 and in my opinion, should be mandatory reading for anyone even remotely curious about the financial markets.

All but one of these books cover technical analysis and price action in one form or another, and provide many charts and examples to go along with the discussion so you won’t be left in the dark trying to figure out what they are talking about!

There is a myriad of books and articles on price action, market, and volume profiles. I’ve read so many I can’t pick a favorite to recommend. There are a few gems out there that are worth searching for if you have some free time. I haven’t been able to find too much on order flow, but what I have found has been enlightening. There’s quite a bit of info on YouTube as well!

Optimus offers a few platforms that specialize in volume and order flow, such as Optimus Flow, which is the platform I use. I haven’t looked back since. I HIGHLY recommend you check it out and take it for a spin!

That said, browse around, check reviews, and read some things. There are plenty of sites and software for you to test any ideas you might have. Tradingview is fantastic for charting and offers a paper trading account for free, plus they have an immense library of community-developed indicators and a thriving community that’s always sharing ideas. Investopedia is another fabulous resource. It is essentially the financial equivalent of Wikipedia. There is a lot of info here on the forums as well!

Anyway…

Thanks for coming to my TedTalk. :microphone: :nerd_face:

1 Like