When is the Best Time to Trade the ES

Originally published at: https://optimusfutures.com/tradeblog/archives/best-time-to-trade-the-es/

This article on the Best Time to Trade the ES is the opinion of Optimus Futures. This article is the opinion of Optimus Futures, LLC. When it comes to trading the markets, timing is a critical component. Timing is often understood as the capacity to promptly perceive and expediently exploit a fleeting market opportunity. But timing can also refer to the general time at which you choose to trade the markets, from seasons to months to weeks to days, all the way down to the hour Each market pulsates in its own unique way. And all markets differ. If you’re…

3 Likes

Great report Matt, it is worth noting perhaps that in addition to the time the strength of the price expansion is worth paying attention to as well.

//Below code for use with Multi Charts

{ Comments: If the current TrueRange expands twice the AverageTrueRange length of six then a significant move is happening. The Input Spike can be optimized and seems to work best between the settings of one and three. }

Input:Spike(2);

If TrueRange>AvgTrueRange( 6 ) * Spike then Plot2 (AvgTrueRange( 6 ),“ATR_Spike”) ;

3 Likes

@MarkBrown thank you for making the effort of posting this valuable information.

Matt
Optimus Futures

That’s pretty cool thanks man will this work on Sierra or just Multi Charts ?

1 Like

I never used Sierra but it will work with TS and MC. Mark

2 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me

1 Like

For automation or codes, TradeStation and Multicharts use almost identical languages. We have both platforms available to our customers.
If you are a Sierra user we can try to ask one of our community users to translate this code.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

That would be awesome Ive only been trading for a few years and Sierra was the most comfortable platform for me I run the TPO charts and have started to build foot print charts as well on there so I’m a little worried to change now that I’m getting more comfortable with Sierra

2 Likes

We are glad that you are working with Sierrachart, and we do have many happy customers who use it.
Optimus always respects it’s customers choices.

I will reach out and see if someone could put this in a Sierra code.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures
www.optimisfutures.com