Automation in SierraChart

I have written codes before and wanted to see if I could run automated scripts on Sierra. Has anyone did it?

Yes, absolutely. Sierra Chart has a very powerful language which is based on C++. It is called ACSIL (Advanced Custom Study Interface and Language ). If you are somewhat familiar which C++ or other object oriented languages you should be able to get going with it pretty easily. You can use ACSIL to write your own studies/indicators or to write Automated trading System.

I would start here: Sierra Chart - Advanced Custom Study/System Interface and Language (ACSIL)

You can find the source code of many studies in your the /ACS folder within your Sierra Chart folder (Check this link Sierra Chart - Advanced Custom Study/System Interface and Language (ACSIL)).

If you wish to focus on trading systems then take a look here: Sierra Chart - Automated Trading From an Advanced Custom Study

While programming I usually find all I need in the following 2 links:
Sierra Chart - Definitions of Advanced Custom Study/System Interface Members
Sierra Chart - Using Drawing Tools from an Advanced Custom Study

The awesome Sierra Chart support team doesn’t have the time to help with programming related questions on the general support forum but you can find some very responsive ACSIL programmers here: Sierra Chart Programming - Big Mike’s Trading Forum.

Good luck.

1 Like

[MENTION=956]Yonatan[/MENTION], thank you so much for taking the time to post all these links. At this point I have decided to try and automate my method, sadly I don’t have the ability to trade my method with discretion. Maybe we could develop a thread for automation on SC.

Hi DeltaGT, I am really no expert when it comes to automated trading systems. I’ve written a few but never got serious with it. I focus on discretionary trading.

The awesome Sierra Chart support team doesn’t have the time to help with programming related questions on the general support forum

If you have questions please do contact us on our Support Board. Depending upon the question, sometimes we are able to help. Or, if there is some problem we need to resolve or improvement that needs to be made, we will definitely do that.