DOM Trading and Stop-losses

In DOM Trading in R|Trader, I know how to:

1. enter a position with a limit or market order
  2. add a limit by clicking on the DOM to set a “take profit”

But how do I set something, clicking on the dom, to be a “stop loss” ?

2 Likes

Hi @ycomp,

There are two columns that you can add within the R Trader and R Trader Pro order book to place both buy & sell stop limit and stop market orders directly from the DOM with an entry order.

To add these columns:
1. Right-click here and choose Add/Remove Columns

2. Enable the SM and SL checkboxes.

3. You will now see the two new columns. As far as I know, SM = Stop Market and SL = Stop Limit. Clicking within these columns will place their respective order types.

Depending on which side of the market you click on, R Trader will automatically adjustand place the proper buy/sell order. For example, clicking below market price will give you a sell stop while clicking above the market will place a buy stop.

You could also avoid this entirely and simply place these as a bracket order through Bracket and OCO configuration right above the DOM. That would place your entry order, limit, and stop-loss all in one click. Either way, the steps above to add the SM and SL columns can be useful in other situations as well!

I hope this helps!
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

thank you for your responsive forum staff! this information helped me

2 Likes

hey, you forgot to thank me for asking the question in the first place! lol

but yeah the answer was great, I couldn’t find the info anywhere else

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: done!

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

@ycomp Thanks for your question and the kind words!

Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Where to start Futures Trading

what does the T column do?

Hi @ycomp,

Thanks for your question!

Although I am not 100% positive what the T Column stands for, this column is used to place “if touched” orders.

By default, clicking on this column will enter a market if touched order. If you change your order defaults to limit as shown below, it will enter a limit if touched order:

Placing orders through this column does open up an order confirmation window as shown below, so please keep that in mind.

Thanks!
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug: