Having a tough time organizing my charts on Sierra Chart

Hi,

I’ve been using the Sierra Chart platform for a few weeks now and I love it. My primary method of trading involves trading through charts. I am a day trader, trading multiple contracts so the number of charts I have on my monitors at one time can get somewhat overwhelming.

If I click on one chart then another may get minimized or sent behind my platform window or another chart and it has been somewhat frustrating attempting to keep my platform organized while trying to focus on my trading methods and keeping track of the different price levels.

My question is, do you have any advice for me to organize my charts so they are not all over the place?

Thanks

1 Like

@Woga

Sierra Chart actually has a built in feature that automatically organizes windows within the platform.

The Window tab allows users to organize platform windows in several variants. Simply navigate to the Window Tab and then select one of the various options that I have highlighted in the blue rectangle. Each variant will organize your windows in a different way.

As you can see in the first screenshot, my windows are unorganized and overlaying one another. After selecting the Tile As Grid- Vertically option, my chart windows have been automatically organized by Sierra Chart as shown in the second screenshot.

Feel free to try all of the different options here, as each option will organize your platform windows differently.

Another option that you can utilize is the Add Additional Symbol Study. This will allow you to add multiple contracts to one chart, giving you the ability to scale both contracts simultaneously on the same time frame. This can be useful when comparing two different sets of data that somehow reflect one another, such as the E-Mini S&P 500 and NYSE Tick Data.

The following video is a tutorial on how to apply the Add Additional Symbol Study:

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like