Help - I can't adjust my chart up or down in Sierra Chart!

I can move my charts sideways and scroll to prior days, but I can’t seem to move my candle-sticks up or down!

Hello SChartsGrl,

Thank you for your post!

It is possible that you have inadvertently locked the Y(Price) Axis. When the Y Axis is locked, a user would not be able to compress or decompress their charts, nor adjust their charts up or down. To check if your Y Axis has been locked, please right mouse click within the Y Axis. Towards the top of the right click menu, there are three different options. If ‘Interactive Scale - Locked’ is enabled, then this would mean your price axis has been locked.

To unlock it, please choose between these two options:

1. Interactive Scale Range - This will allow you to adjust your chart by compressing or decompressing your price bars by clicking and dragging up or down in the Y Axis. Holding down the CTRL key while clicking and dragging will adjust the position, but not compress or decompress your price bars.

2. Interactive Scale Move - This will do the opposite. It will allow to your move your chart up or down, but not compress or decompress your chart by clicking and dragging vertically in the Y Axis. Holding down the CTRL key while clicking and dragging in this mode will allow you to compress or decompress your price bars.

We look forward to assisting you further.