I’ve been getting more familiar with Sierra Chart, but one thing that is a little annoying is opening workspaces everytime I restart my computer. I really only trade with one workspace, so can I just set it as default or something?
It is actually possible to open up certain files upon start up within Sierra Chart. So, since you would like to have one workspace set as ‘default’ you could simply have it auto-open when Sierra Chart is launched. This way all of your charts would automatically open for you. To do this, please follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Global Settings’ tab at the top of your screen.
- Select ‘General Settings’
- Within this window, on the right hand side, there will be a box labeled ‘Files to Open on Startup’
- Click the ‘Add’ button next to this box
- Choose the Workspace you’d like to auto-open
- Click ‘OK’
After this is done Sierra Chart will automatically open this workspace for you when you start or re-start Sierra Chart.