Optimus Flow - Feature Requests & Feedback

Hello community members,

For those of you who have gotten the chance to try out Optimus Flow, we’d love to hear your feedback!

If you have comments, questions, concerns, or features that you’d like to be implemented into the platform please leave a comment below!

We are open to any suggestions and our developers are community-driven, our goal as a team is to process user’s feedback in priority in terms of new updates that will be arriving in the near future.

If you have not had the opportunity to try out Optimus Flow as of yet and are interested in testing our new platform, simply leave a comment below or send us an email to support@optimusfutures.com and we will steer you in the right direction on how to get started with our new platform!

Thanks for your feedback! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Optimus Flow - Custom Code Integration

A few quick suggestions and observations after looking at the software for the day.

I don’t see a way to set a stop order up from the DOM. If you click buy on a price that is already offer it should set a stop instead of a limit.

The DOM surface should be able to zoom out more or let you specify a time interval. I’d like to be able to see the changes over a period of maybe 30 minutes, and right now you can only see for a few seconds.

Add the ability to show multiple workspaces at a time. So each workspace is something that you can turn off and on instead of it switching over completely. This is the most requested feature in NT8.

Add the option to make TPO chart auto scale the same way the regular chart does.

There should be a settings dialog that shows you all the indicators on the chart and lets you select and change their settings. I know you can get into indicators from right clicking on them at the top, but most people wont’ find that right away.

Cumulative delta on the regular charts is a critical indicator to have. It appears to exist on the DOM surface but it’s not showing me a line like I’d expect.

Showing the current trades or how many orders it took to lift the bid or offer on the DOM is a critical feature to me.

2 Likes

Hello @Seth_E,

Thank you for your feedback and contribution!

• You can actually place a stop order by holding Shift + Left Click at the specific price level you would like to place a stop at. Like you mentioned, it should automatically adjust to a stop order if the price is at the offer, so we are working on a way to fix this. We would also like limits and stops available from a drop down menu so they are easily recognizable.
  • We will suggest this to our developers. Keep in mind, the larger you make your DOM window, the more levels of depth will be displayed on your DOM. If needed, you can use your mouse wheel up or down to scroll the various price levels and market depth.
  • As of right now our workspaces are limited to only at a time. Do you have multiple monitors? You could essentially create two workspaces, one on each monitor to multi-task in the meantime! We will also send this in as a suggestion to our developers.
  • Would you mind elaborating on this? As far as I know, the functionality between regular charts and TPO charts are fairly consistent.
  • There is actually a menu button for this called the object manager. The object manager allows you to edit/delete all indicators or overlays applied to your chart as shown below:

• Do you think Cumulative delta serves better as an indicator? Or a statistic that we could add to the top of chart along the info window?
  • We will check with our developers on whether or not this is possible.

Thank you so much for your feedback so far! You’ve left us with a ton of great suggestions that we will pass over to our developers.We still have work to do, but we are striving to make this a great platform available to all of our clients.

If you weren’t already aware, there was a new update released this morning, Patch 1.49.3 that includes several hotfixes and quality of life adjustments. If you’re not familiar with updates, you can do so by navigating to the top-left corner of the platform window and click on the Optimus Flow logo. From there, you will see an About or Update to new version in the bottom left of the menu as shown below. Simply click on that link to update your platform:

Thanks for your suggestions and don’t hesitate to reach out in the event you have more! Feel free to follow back up on the questions I had for you as well!
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

2 Likes

Only been using the platform in paper for a few days. I’m actually loving the platform. It’s only missing some of the trade & margin management features (and product narratives) that I’m used to but the additional chart analytics makes up for anything lacking, in my opinion. For me, I absolutely need things to be organized and uniform (fonts, etc.) or it creates a subliminal distraction – allowing me to resize things to my preference and having the default pretty neat as-is, is critical for something you might be referencing for long hours. I appreciate what is being done here and I’ve been around a while using these platforms. I think you guys are striking at the core at what traders need and your responsiveness is 5 star! Keep up the amazing development and customer service. Just don’t sell when you get that $B offer (to be bought out by dinosaur company) and leave us in the cold :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a great platform! I may have missed something but in case not, some minor notes:

-Power Trade column visibility and sizing state does not persist and must be reset every restart
-universal TPO POC ray visibility toggle (in addition to current toggle by individual TPO)
-an option to vertically syn linked panels (eg dom and chart)
-an option to adjust thickness of Price Marker Line
-an option to select DOM Bid/Ask colors
-DOM columns sizing does not persist and must be reset every restart
-make DOM columns rearrangable
-Implement Hot Keys to center DOMs/charts and clear BID/ASK DOM size columns

Thank you for all your hard work and congratulations on a superior product!

@Miya

Thank you for the kind words and we appreciate your feedback!

I know we have discussed a few of these features over live chat and through Email, but in terms of organization, I think creating Binds and Saving them as a template is one of the best ways to keep things structured.

If you weren’t familiar with binds, please take a look below:

1. place several panels on your workspace close to each other;

2. focus on one of the panels;

3. press “ Ctrl + ~ ” hotkey or select “ Create bind ” from panel’s context menu (this turns the Bind mode on);

4. click on the panels, that you want to bind together or just hold the left mouse button and drag (“draw”) over that panels to make them selected in one area;

5. press “ CREATE BIND ” button in the right-bottom corner of the Bind area (or hit “Enter” button on your keyboard);

6. that is all — now you have your own Super-panel.

In combination to that and as we spoke about, using the BaM - Backup Manager is an easy to restore settings from previous sessions and save your work. The Backup & restore manager plugin allows to keep your settings safe and restore them in case of troubles with the application. This smart tool can backup your global settings, connections credentials, workspaces and per panel layout settings in one local file, that can be used later to restore them in several clicks.

Also, you may find some backup files in OptimusFLOW Backup folder, containing the “ A ” letter at the end — these are the Automatic backups, periodically made by OptimusFLOW (daily, overridden each 5 min).

In terms of customizing fonts, you can simply right click nearly any feature of the platform, go to it’s settings, and change something related to colors, fonts, and text sizes. If you use the “main toolbar” and right click within that, you can access the overall platforms themes and customization settings.

As we discussed with margins previously, they can be a bit tricky because each trader may have different margin levels set on their account according to FCM margins, exchange margins, and individual risk tolerance. This can be something that we can look to add though if Rithmic feeds this information on their backend or by pre-populate them on the platform.

Optimus Flow has already made a ton of improvements and we plan to add much more! This is a constant upgrade in progress and we hope the make it even better with time.

Thanks for everything so far!
Jake
Optimus Futures :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Hi @TBird,

Thanks for your contribution and welcome to the community form.

These are some great finds by you and some of the first time I am hearing about these features! Taking a look through the platform, I now notice that just about every feature of the DOM can be customized beside Bid/Ask colors. We’ll ask our developers to allow this type of customization in an upcoming update.

In your statement above, do you mean to allow the chart and DOM to have the same price scale synced? Allowing the DOM and Chart to fluctuate, price-wise, together? Or do you mean something else by this?

Both great finds. Will mention to our developers. I tried customizing both features and then saving their respective panels as defaults and as a template, and both columns reverted to default after closing down the platform.

What you mind clarifying this a bit as well?

Thank you for your great feedback so far! If you don’t mind clarifying just a bit more on your second and last point, that would be very beneficial. The more descriptive we can get with feedback for our developers, the better!

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your future contributions.
Jake

Hi Jake and thanks for all your recent help!

Exactly!

With the TPO Chart at present, you have to select each TPO to get an option to extend that TPO’s POC ray. If it makes sense, maybe have a universal toggle that switches on/off all TPO POC rays with continued ability to deselect visibility by individual TPO. I hope that makes sense.

I also remembered if the devs could make the DOM columns rearrangable and include hot keys to center charts/DOMS and Clear Bid/Ask Size columns (minor issues/original post udpated)

2 Likes

How is it, you ALWAYS know what I’m looking for :slight_smile: … Thanks! AGAIN!

2 Likes

@TBird

This is very helpful and descriptive. Thank you!

Great-thank u :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Apologies Jake-If I could also note that the Line of the Price Marker is not customizable as far as I can see. No urgency, but customizing thickness would be ideal. I will update the original post and will save and combine further comments, if any.

Thank you

1 Like

Platform is great. You got a nice white-label there. Good choice.

One tiny detail is that whenever I set 2 different indicators on the same sub window and save the template and save as default, when I close the application and open it again, they go back on their own sub window. It’s the only setting that doesn’t save for some reason.

So I always have to go edit the indicator settings and put them back together on the same sub window.
It does just take me 15 seconds to do, but still, that could be fixed easily.

I have sent the info directly to your white-label provider too.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi. Just another possible, minor bug: the bar highlighting Power Trades info columns on the right sometimes persists and appears over the Power Trades Depth of Market if it is added below. Thanks!

2 Likes

Is it possible to add some simple things like a tic counter in the lower right corner rather than on the price bar? When placing chart orders the brackets cover the tic counter. Also some additional drawing tools like a line with an arrow at the end. The program is awsome. Love trading with it.

Dave

2 Likes

Hi @David_Delaria,

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!

We already have a counter for time-based charts in the platform’s current state, but i’ve already spoke with our developers about adding a counter for tick-based charts as well! This seems like a highly requested feature that we are looking to add.

By the way, I believe we already have the drawing tool you are looking for. It’s called line arrow. Take a look at the screenshot below and let us know if this is what you are looking for:

Thanks,
Jake

Thanks for the reply and I’m sorry for posting that in the wrong place. Im using multicharts.net 64.

Hey Matt!
We spoke a couple months ago about your platform and implementing an ATM strategy (like the one I’m used to having on Ninjatrader 8). I really liked Optimus Flow but only felt that it was missing this one feature. Just wanted to know if it’s been looked into or not!

Cheers,
Saar

2 Likes

Hi @saarboi,

Thanks for your question!

We’ve been working on this and although still in testing, I think we’ve come up with a great solution for this. Take a look at the images below:

We’ve now added the ability to create multi-level bracket orders, straight from your entry order. I don’t have much experience with Ninja’s branded “ATM strategy”, but I believe this is along the lines of what they offer.

Soon to come are OCO groups as well.

I hope this is what you were looking for! We should see this added to the platform within the next few weeks!

Jake

1 Like