PNL Info Display

Hello all!

I have some feedback and not sure if this has been stated already. I’m attempting to start using the Optimus Flow Trading journal provided, but am noticing some miscalculations and missing data in the Trades module before exporting to the journal. I’ve attached a screenshot of a losing trade that does not show the loss, but rather is just blank. if anyone could let me know if this is a mistake on my part or if this is a bug in the platform.

By the way, I am running this on my prop firm funded account that utilizes Rithmic servers. I can see the data and correct PnL fine inside of R|Trader Pro, but in OF, I’m getting incorrect/ incomplete data.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I had an issue like this some time ago. I eventually found a workaround. What I found out is that if you open another Trades Panel, it would populate the missing data. Give that a shot! Let us know if it worked! :metal:

Hey thanks for your response! Unfortunately, this didn’t end up working out for me :pensive:. I even tried opening up about 5 at the same time and no dice.

1 Like

@Icbto09 Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We will check the bugs in the journal, if any, and see if we can fix them.
However, could you please start new threads if you have a bug?

You have Rithmic credentials, and I assume it was given to you by a third party, not Optimus.
Also, these are paper credentials, and there could be (potentially) something related to their setting.
When we set production (live trading), we could check into potential issues with our ISP providers.
In this case, if there are issues with the provider, we cannot address them because we did not issue the credentials (username and password). Theoretically, all Rithmic credentials should work, but one setting could make a difference.

We’ll get back to you if we find a solution.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

I figured NOT starting a new thread for things like this would reduce clutter and centralize things since this is a feedback thread, but alright.

Thank you for looking into it. You are correct that the credentials are Rithmic credentials and technically paper trading, however the account is a live-sim funded account and some trades seem to populate accurately but others do not for the same symbol. I am not sure why your ISP would be involved in a trade calculation issue, though, but I’m unaware of your internal makeup and don’t want to assume.

Please let me know if you’d like for me to move this to a new thread… :grinning:

1 Like

We have moved it to a new thread.
You are correct that it is not the ISP; I meant to say ISV (independent service vendor), which in this case is Rithmic. I suspect that something in the API while transmitting to third-party platforms, causes this error. The API from Rithmic could be more compatible with their trading platform, R Trader, than 3rd party.

“live-sim” is still a demo account, by definition. And while I respect that traders who want to test trading models should have sim accounts, it is also hard to investigate all these “funding” schools whose entire goal is to keep you in sim mode(for obvious reasons) and, from my experience, have little technical knowledge of third party applications. I don’t want to discuss this topic; rather, I say that our focus at Optimus is on the UN and PW we create and provide.

We are making an effort to work with the team to say why a P&L in the journal showed this way and whether others have experienced that as well. We will get back to you as soon as we have more details.
I appreciate your patience.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Thanks Matt!

Yeah I understand that live-sim is technically paper trading, as I stated in my response. The reason I made the distinction is because for Funded account evaluations, the system doesn’t (at least in my experience) seem to pick up the evaluation trades for the Trades section, but does (partially, at the moment) pick up on the live-sim trades I place on the platform after becoming funded. Therefore, I was making the assumption here that the live-sim accounts were “technically” being registered as true live accounts and this was potentially a system wide bug. My mistake.

I also am not here to argue the legitimacy or significance of funding programs and I do understand, as a developer, frustrations with third party providers and unofficial implementations/ lack of technical knowledge for support of said implementations. I brought this up as a question for hopeful solution and didn’t intend to ruffle any feathers.

As I’ve previously stated in other posts, I love OptimusFlow and all that you guys do, so I don’t mean for any of this to come off as rude or unappreciative.

Thank you again, Matt!!

1 Like

We are always glad to hear customer feedback and help solve issues fairly and transparently via this community. That is the only way to grow and evolve the software to meet customers’ needs.
In that regard, having issues with the journal is now our concern, and we have reached to our tech team to check on it. My way of saying thank you as well!

Have a great weekend

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like