Optimus Flow - Feature Requests & Feedback

HI @Daedalus,

Thank you for your feedback.

I wanted to let you know that Optimus Flow already has Algo solutions that you can simply create standard trading scripts such as indicators and strategies, as well as additional platform extensions: plugins, Custom columns, etc.

There are three main key points in our vision of algorithmic scripts development:

• C# programming language

• Integration with major Development Environments: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Atom, etc.

• Open and transparent API

Please take a look at our help article here for more information on Optimus Flow’s Algo and custom plugins: Introduction - OptimusFLOW

Let us know if this is what you are looking for.
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

2 Likes

I apologize if my previous post came across as rude or condescending. Or had any kind of perceived negative inflection. I did notice that about the PnL and Time in Trade alerts. I thought that was an excellent feature and I use it all day, every day, that the market is open. Especially the time in trade alert.

I have noticed that there are a few indicators that QT has that Optimus doesn’t have, but they aren’t indicators that I would use anyway, so no harm there. I did however notice a feature with the cluster charts and step profiles and the way they can be visualized. Would be pretty neat to add a second POC on step profiles and to be able to draw grids on the cluster charts. BUT. Those are only in Beta and it’s a version that I’m sure we don’t have access to.

I think I figured out what the issue was as well. I knew that I needed to download Visual Studio and tried the Code and Community versions and kept getting an error. I forgot that it is version specific. So I’m going to download the supported version and give it another shot tonight.

A man can dream though. :sunny: :zzz:

2 Likes

Not at all. I think your approach is straight forward and you made my day when you said you use these alerts! I thought it would be a useful tool for risk management,and glad that it helps.

We let the beta version of QT run a little and see if their users come in with any feedback about bugs.
If they do not, we ask to update Optimus Flow. We will ask about the latest features and request an update if no bugs are detected.

Best,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

We let the beta version of QT run a little and see if their users come in with any feedback about bugs.
If they do not, we ask to update Optimus Flow. We will ask about the latest features and request an update if no bugs are detected.

RIGHTEOUS :metal:

1 Like

I don’t suppose I’m doing anything wrong, so I guess this is a feature request. For me at least, using an indicator overlay on a chart makes it easier for me to spot divergences. Cumulative Delta, for example. I was excited to see Flow has something TradeStation doesn’t. But Flow unfortunately doesn’t have the axis flexibility like TradeStation (i.e. just turning off the axis for the indicator since I want the shape not the number), not that I can find anyway. So I can’t do an overlay properly. Since Cum Delta is a zero-based oscillator, if you try to overlay it just puts it at the bottom, basically no different than a subwindow. Not really an overlay per se. As long as the bottom and top padding are the same for the price and the indicator, and the indicator has no axis, divergences show up.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: PNL Info Display

Hello all,

posting in this thread stopped in June 2022 and I have been thinking why is that and see only 2 possible explanations:

1. Most of the feautures have been implemented and people are very happy using OptimusFlow
  2. People stopped using OptimusFlow for various reasons and switched to other trading platforms

Below I would like to provide some feedback and request several features. This feedback is based on the usage of OptimusFlow platform with a demo account trading NQ/MNQ for about 1 week. I really like the platform and I think it has a great potential but currently it is lacking a lot of functionalities:

1. I haven’t found how to adjust the balance of the demo account
  2. Poor quality of tick data (quite often some significant gaps in tick data occur (see attached))). Also, I have compared live tick data in OptimusFlow with the live tick data from other providers and there are lots of differences and I am not sure why this is happening.
  3. Margins are not taken into account when opening and closing any positions (e.g. it is possible to open a postion with as many contracts as you wish).
  4. P&L history and journaling of the demo account is impossible/very poor
  5. Paramount risk management functionalities like daily loss limit, real-time trailing max drawdown max position size, etc. are missing.
  6. Trading on the chart is a cool feature and it would be great if you could add the following:
  • Posibility to set a trailing stop loss on the chart independently of limit buy/sell orders. Currently, as I understood, trailing stop loss is possible only if predefined at the moment of submitting a limit order.
  • “Reverse” button does reverse the position but leaving the stop-losses from the previous postions on the chart (ideally it would either cancel stop losses of the old positions or reverse them).

Hope these functionalities can be implemented!

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you ever so much for enlightening us with your conclusions about Optimus Flow.
I want to assure you that our development team is consistently working to enhance the platform.
For the latest updates and improvements, please refer to the release notes here: What's new on Optimus Flow | Beamer.

We haven’t encountered this particular request before. However, if the API has the capability to accommodate this feature, we will certainly consider implementing it in future updates.

On the live production side, we have compared our platform with several other vendors, and everything appears to be in order. However, we will investigate the demo to determine if any issues are present.

It’s worth noting that sometimes internet connections can cause discrepancies, especially when streaming large volumes of tick data. We have observed that users with high-latency internet providers may experience occasional gaps. Nevertheless, we’ll look into this matter to ensure optimal performance for all users.

That’s correct. The primary objective of the demo is to allow users to explore and test the platform’s functionalities. Margins are managed on the backend, based on the API requests and margin requirements for actual (production) accounts.

We’re excited to announce that a new journal version will be released in the upcoming weeks. We believe this update will enhance the user experience and we look forward to hearing your feedback once it’s available.

You might be a paper trader working with one of those “funding” firms, which often emphasize metrics such as “max drawdown.” While it’s understandable, given that they’re risking their capital, we generally don’t recommend relying on these specific features for most traders in real-life trading scenarios. This is because adhering strictly to these metrics can make it challenging to hold onto winning positions. We’ve discussed this topic in more detail here.

Your suggestions are indeed valuable, but it’s important to note that some features might not be suitable for every trader. For instance, attaching a “lonely” trailing stop can be challenging when a trader has multiple open positions, as it’s unclear which positions it should apply to. The trailing stop logic should ideally be initiated at the beginning of the trade.

A similar issue arises when reversing a position with multiple stops in place. The platform would have to determine which stop to apply, and some traders might prefer retaining the stop as an additional entry.

When implementing trading logic, we aim to accommodate a wide range of traders, which can sometimes make even the best ideas challenging to execute.

We appreciate your suggestions and encourage you to prioritize 1-2 requests that matter most to you. If these align with other traders’ requests, we will seriously consider incorporating them into future updates. Thank you for your input!

1 Like

Thank you for a prompt response. It is very encouraging to see that support team is engaging with the users explaining the reasoning why some platform functionalities are or are not implemented.

I find your idea to prioritize 1-2 requests as a very reasonable one. So here are 2 requests:

1. Ability to set up a max daily drawdown.
  2. Ability to set up a trailing stop loss order in the on-chart mode, which is not paired with any particular position.

I would like to elaborate a bit more on the logic behind these 2 requests.

• Max daily drawdown: just to clarify at the very beginning that I am not engaged with any “funding firms”. Trading is about the risk management and capital preservation. I am sorry, but the current practice of automatic liquidation when the account sustain a 60% loss is a very poor risk management. After such losses one can hardly get back without adding funding to an account. So, the only issue I am trying to address by asking for a “max daily drawdown” option is that in case of an unforseen events (e.g. loss of the internet, PC crash, platform crash, etc) I can be sure that my capital will be preserved. Please let me know if there are any other platform functionalities which allow to do this.

• Trailing stop loss not connected to any individual position: I do understand the logic of bracket orders and assigning the SL and TP to a specific positions. At the same time there are particular situations when this functionality is not ideal (e.g. reversing positions). As explained in my previous post, when I reverse positions the trailing stop losses are not getting reversed and this means that for the reversed position it is not possible to set up trailing stop losses. So, maybe it might make sense to have a button switch between the 2 modes:

• trading with SL and TP targets assigned to a specific psotions

• trading with SL and TP targets not assigned to a specific positions.

And lastly, about the tick data on a demo account: in my particular case I had OptimusFlow and demo account from the other provider (also US based) running on my PC simultaneously. The gaps I had were only on the OptimusFlow. So, while I can’t 100% be sure that this is due to a slow internet connection, it is more probable that the problem lies with the OptimusFlow.

I hope my above comments do not give a flase impression of unreasonable critic. As I mentioned at the very beginning, I think that Optimus Flow offers a great trading experience. And I do think that this experience can be further improved by providing users with additional platfrom functionalities.

2 Likes

The Max Drawdown metric you mentioned is distinct from the Trailing Max Drawdown that you initially requested. With the Rithmic API, which is compatible with Optimus Flow, we have the ability to set a maximum daily drawdown. This feature serves a different purpose than the trailing variant and ensures that traders can effectively manage their risk exposure on a day-to-day basis. ’

While we appreciate your perspective on the 60% issue, our experience has shown that the current approach can actually help protect traders from potential deficits. So, we kindly ask for your understanding as we continue to focus on policies that have proven effective over time. Your feedback is always welcome, and we’re committed to providing the best possible trading experience for all users.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Thanks for the response.
I understand the difference between trailing max drawdown and daily max drawdown. Due to your suggested idea to prioritize 1-2 requests I firmly believe that a daily max drawdown has a higher priority than a trailing max drawdown.
Is this option of setting max daily drawdown available only when using Rithmic as a data feed provider? What about other data feed providers?

Regarding the 60% drawdown, what I am saying is that such drawndown is not sustainable for traders. So maybe we just talk about two different things. I am talking exclusively about capital preservation which is the most important thing for any trader. And my understanding is that there is no possibility currently to ensure trader’s capital preservation when using OptimusFlow platform. At the same time I agree that 60% drawdown limit does help protect traders from potential deficits (the same as 70%, 80%, 90% or 99% drawdown limits do). But capital preservation and capital deficit are two different things.

Let’s end this conversation now. As a trader, it’s important for you to take responsibility for protecting your capital. It’s not accurate or helpful to say that there’s no way to preserve capital on this platform. The 60% rule is in place to safeguard traders in case of extreme market situations.

Matt

My aim is not to critisize, rather to suggest additional platform functionalities. I tried my best to explain the rational behind the requested features. I agree, it is traders’ responsibility to protect capital and exactly for this reason traders require such functionalities as customasible max daily drawdown. Becase every trader can do as much to preserve the capital as the tools alow them.
Anyways, thanks again for replying to my posts, even if the suggested features apparently are not finding enough traction on your side.

1 Like

To follow up on previous responses, we have previously developed Profit/loss target alerts and Time in Trade alerts within Optimus Flow. See below:

As mentioned we currently have two alerts that can be configured:

1. Profit/Loss Target Alerts
  2. Time in Trade

Once the user defined criteria is triggered, an alert will populate within the platform giving you the option to liquidate any open positions or orders for the said product. In the example below, i have an alert configured to trigger when an ES trade is +$250 in profit:

Once the criteria has been triggered, the alert is then automatically disabled and the user is prompted to flatten their current trades:

The time-in-trade option works similarly, but instead of being entirely based on profit or loss, this Alert is based on the time of the trade (you can also filter it to trigger based on whether or not a position is currently positive or negative):

In the example above, my trade lasted for one minute (Position P/L configured to any - so regardless of the PNL of the trade after 60 seconds was up the alert was triggered) and then the alert was triggered:

We touched on this previously along with the additional risk configuration settings that Rithmic has in this thread here: Daily Loss limit

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

2 Likes

Reporting a bug I’m seeing. I’m using a Logitech G700s mouse and discovered that it was sending double-clicks instead of a single click. I was using Chart Trader with the order entry buttons on the chart. I had a 6-contract position open. When I clicked “CLOSE POSITIONS” the double-click resulted in two sets of orders - i.e one sell to close the position and another order that went short 6 contracts.

This should not happen - even if the mouse is faulty or if one intentionally or mistakenly double-clicks the “CLOSE POSITIONS” or “FLATTEN” buttons

A post was split to a new topic: Open Interest Indicator not Displaying Data

If the chart cursors could have different sizing/thickness options, that would be great!

1 Like

Hi there. I have just opened a futures account and downloaded Optimus Flow, going through tutorials to get the hang of it.

My suggestion is to add an option in chart settings to invert (or flip) the data on the chart, so the chart is displayed upside down. It comes in handy when doing analysis on inversely correlated markets.

2 Likes

The “Bind” feature is nice, it would be even better if we could Group the panels that are bound. I tried it but it didn’t work…

Thanks for your feature suggestion and feedback, @Rollo_Tape.

For binds, you can first create a group of different charts and features. Once you have your panels grouped together, then you can combine multiple groups into one bind.

You can accomplish what you are trying to do, however, you need to do the opposite. First group panels and then bind them!

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

2 Likes