QuoteBoard on Demo Sierrachart

I have downloaded demo sierra chart but QuoteBoard is not working…no datafeed.

currency B6H19 is up and working but quoteboard is not working…any idea why ? thank you.

ps it it QuoteBoard on Demo Sierra

Are you using the CQG or Rithmic data to test? Or are you using the data directly from Sierrachart?

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

it is Rithimic, thank you

1 Like

Try to put directly 6BH19.CME Let us know if that worked

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

do I need CTS datafeed too in order to run Sierra charts ?
and B6h19 is dead all the way, I thought it was working but it isn’t

1 Like

You can run the data on Sierrachart for the Gain API, Rithmic, CQG and CTS.
Again, please try to put 6BH19.CME precisely as spelled.
This is the Rithmic symbol.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

there is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

ok, it’s fixed now, it got messed up here at my end. by default computer was signing up on my brothers sierra. sorry for inconvenience and thank you for the help.

1 Like

We are glad everything was resolved. If you have any other technical questions, feel free to start a new thread.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

Hi, if I am using Rithimic with Sierra, what would be the symbol for British Pound on cme?

1 Like

ok, it’s 6BH19.CME . TY

2 Likes

Yes, If you need additional Rithmic symbols, you can always open a new thread for it.

Thank you,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

1 Like

I think on sierra chart the symbol for british pound is B6H19, no ?

CME symbol is 6BH19 , as you said

I don’t know, I am missing something here

but on my SC , it does not have 6BH19,
instead it has B6H19

@Shaheen

We apologize for the confusion.

Please try the symbol 6BH9. I do not believe you need to add a 1 in front of the 9. You should be able to find this symbol by navigating to the FS button, opening the futures subcategory, and selecting 6B as shown below.

If you do happen to be using the CQG data feed, then the symbol is a bit different. The CQG symbol for British Pound Futures of March 2019 is BP6H19. Symbols are a bit different between the data feeds we offer, if you’d like to take a look at some of the most popular symbol formats for Rithmic you can take a look here: http://help.optimusfutures.com/35228/article/97144/rithmic-datafeed-symbol-guide

That being said, if you’d like to add the British Pound Futures Symbol for Rithmic to your quote board you can do so by opening the quote board > clicking on settings > select symbol list > Add > and then search through the same window I posted in the image above by clicking on the Find button. This should populate your quote board with the British Pound Futures Contract once you have added the symbol and click Close.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you continue running into issues. If you have any additional questions, feel free to create a new thread and we’d love to help you out.

Thanks for your question,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support
(800) 771-6748

2 Likes

you guys are of great help.
the screenshots you sent me is from Rithmic….
….I think I am missing something here because I don’t see the word rithmic on my platform…it’s all sierra…maybe I would un-install and re-install everything , instead of trying to find the problem.

I am following the same steps as you, 6BH9 or 6BH19 does not show up on FS on sierra charts.
I think sierra uses different symbols, anyway I will re-start from scratch

@Shaheen

Thank you for the compliment, we are always here to help.

Determining which data feed you are using is crucial to this process. Like I mentioned previously, symbols to change from data feed to data feed. Just because the 6BH9 symbol works on Rithmic, does not mean it will work on CQG, OEC, or CTS.

Take a look at the screenshot below:

1. This bar should not be red, it should be Green. A Green bar represents you are connected to a live data feed. Does it look like you are connected?

2. This will display which data feed you are connected to. As you can see, we are currently using CQG data, therefore our symbols will reconfigure to CQG symbols.

I would suggest first to make sure you are connected to a data feed, if so, which one? If you are connected to the Sierra Chart feed, the symbols and contracts you receive will likely just be historical data (not live).

Take a screenshot of your platform as I have done, this would help us assist you easier.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures

2 Likes