Rithmic Direct-DTC connection

Just a heads-up that the new RIthmic Direct-DTC connection is now available. Information here: https://www.sierrachart.com/index.php?page=doc/Rithmic.php

1 Like

Thank you for updating the community.
Did you trade through this new Rithmic-DTC connectivity?
Interested in your experience with execution and order placement.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

Not yet. I want to test it fully before using something so new for live trading. I’ll contact you on Monday to setup a Rithmic paper-trading account so I can test server-side OCO, Brackets, trailing stops, etc.

Doesn’t Sierra have a function to switch to Trade Sim on the platform?

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

SC Trade Simulation Mode fills orders in the software itself; orders don’t actually leave my PC.

To test properly, I need SC to actually send orders to the Rithmic network, so that means using a Rithmic paper trading account.

1 Like

But the Ritnmic demo account is not the same server as production. You may experience latency on the demo that does not resemble the production server.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

The more important things to test and understand are functional, for example how OCO, Bracket and trailing stops are handled, how SC handles rejected orders and how Rithimc handles requests on already cancelled orders. I need to check if there are issues connecting simultaneously via both DTC and the standard API, so I can continue to run Jigsaw and SierraChart from different machines logging into the same account. I also want to check receipt of MBO data. All these items are currently undefined on the SC website and are typical of the types of teething issue that may appear on a brand new system. For example, I’m a bit concerned that SC lists server-side-OCO with a ? by it.

I would expect that operation would be identical to the current connector, but it would be sensible to confirm.

I’m happy with the current API so am in no rush to move for live trading.

1 Like

@autobahn Thank you for the lengthy explanation, I see and respect your point that it is way beyond just latency. I agree that you need to continue using something that works before you go to the “better”.
Sierra is known to implement something a little too fast and then dealing with bugs later such as in the case of CTS-T4 and TT connectivity.

Maybe you can explain to the community what are the benefits of DTC as opposed to others and why Sierra is pushing everyone to go that route.

Thanks,
Matt Z
Optimus Futures

The main benefit is that SierraChart and RIthmic will become a fully supported combination endorsed by both parties. Currently it works, but SC have been threatening to stop access at any moment, so it has been a bit of a concern.

DTC is an open standard, so I presume anybody wanting to develop won’t need to pay a licensing fee like they currently would to access Rithmic’s API. I haven’t looked at the standard in detail so I can’t say what the technical benefits are.

1 Like