TradingView Trading Platform Questions

Please post your questions here about TradingView on this thread.

Thank you,
Matt Z

1 Like

Hey,

I’m enjoying the use of TradingView as my web-based platform. It’s been proving more advanced in terms of indicators and chart features available, than competing web based/cloud platforms. However this is more of an execution based question:

CQG connected fine and works for trading. Do you know if there will be OCO orders available with TradingView? I don’t know if this is a broker thing, a TradingView implementation or CQG feature. Currently I am unable to have a bracket order where I’ve preset my parameters (Stop Loss and Take Profit). At the moment I’m having to manually set and remove any Stops or Limit orders.

I only need this feature if I happen to step away from the charts and can’t monitor my position - wouldn’t want to accidentally enter an unintended new trade because I didn’t remove one of remaining orders from the previous position.

Thanks.

@metalhead, I really appreciate your question and we share your sentiment as far as far as the quality of the TradingView platform.vI have been told by TradingView that we should see such features in the next 30 to 45 days.
Clearly, the OCO order is a fundamental must when it comes to trading orders functionalities.

I believe that due to TradingView popularity, the development team will dd many more functionalities for execution and risk management.

In the mean time, you can consider adding your execution through any type of platform that drives CQG. In fact, you can consider **CQG Trader**because this is one of the better execution platforms while it has many reporting capabilities.
Again, I prefer to have it all in one, but many use platforms for executions and charting separately.

When we will have an update, I will update on this thread.

Thank you,

Matt
Optimus Futures

Does TradingView allow you to follow peers or just expert investors?

You can follow anyone who publishes his/her ideas.

Thank you,

Optimus Futures

Hi,
I’m using TradingView as my web-based platform. It’s a very good platform in my opinion but CQG don’t seem to offer all the features of the Tradingview original.

For instance, I cannot place trailing stops orders. Can you tell me if it is at all available, and what should I do to set it up?

Thanks for ur help,
L

1 Like

@Nickelor

Unfortunately, trailing stops is not a feature that can be accessed on the free web based version of Tradingview.

However, this feature is included in the pro version of the platform which can be purchased from TradingView directly: Upgraded Plans & Extra Features — TradingView

Another alternative is to plug in your CQG trading credentials into the CQG Desktop platform for absolutely free, which does provide trailing stops. You can take a look at CQG Desktop here: CQG Desktop Free Demo | Futures Trading Platform | Optimus Futures

If you’re interested in trying out trailing orders on CQG desktop, they can be accessed through the HOT - Hybrid Order Ticket. Below is a screenshot encasing where trailing orders can be found on the DOM otherwise known as a HOT.

If you need any assistance with setting up trailing orders on CQG Desktop, don’t hesitate to reach out. Feel free to contact me at: jake@optimusfutures.com or give us a call at: (800) 771-6748

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

I have received CQG free credential for TV from OptimusFutures.

I noticed when I log in through tradingviewdotcom under CQG demo with the credential I get 10 minute delay data.

Where as when I log in with the link that was provided with the welcoming free trial email cqg.tradingviewdotcom , I do not have 10 miniute delay.

The issue I am having is, 1 hour candle does not populate properly.
Let me explain, with 10 min delay chart candle is printed every hour. … 6:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00… etc.
With live data (cqg,tradingviewdotcom) 1 hour candles does not print in 1 hour increments.
It resets at 8:30 CT. So I have 17:00 1 hour candle print and does a good job until 8:00 then it prints another one at 8:30, 9:30, 10:30… you get the picture.
Do you know why this is happening?
https://www.screencast.com/t/aEXpdkUT

2 Likes

Hello @skfutures,

Although we do not have much input as to why this is occurring, it is likely you are receiving accurate and live data on https://cqg.tradingview.com/ because this is a white-labeled CQG “native” environment for the CQG data feed + TradingView platform demo users.

Being that this is only a demo account, you are more likely receive accurate data for a demo within the recommended link from the CQG developers. It is likely that TradingView creates a delayed environment for futures data on the demo environment of the product, which can be avoided if purchasing the full license. Do you have a TradingView license?

If you do not have a TradingView license at this time, please stick to the recommended platform you received along with your CQG credentials.

Please let us know so we can troubleshoot further.
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

Thanks Jake,
Yes I should use the cqg.tradingviewdotcom for testing demo.

My concern is the 1 hour candle printed in wrong time frame. Like you have mentioned, I should be getting accurate data however it is not printed accurately on the chart. I would like to stick to recommended platform cqg.tradingviewdotcom, however it doesn’t even have a simple 1 hour chart.

At least demo account with live data must print 1 hour chart accurately.
This is very basic function that should be working properly… 1 hour bar populating every 1 hour… not switching between 30 min and 1 hour.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @skfutures,

Although it may not be entirely accurate for you at the time of your demo, both TradingView and CQG’s version of TradingView do have 1 Hour Charts.

A 1 Hour chart can be selected by clicking the time interval drop down menu as shown below and selecting 1H: image

As far as I know, my chart seems to be fairly accurate using the 1h time interval. That being said, I am also using a live data feed here. Would you mind taking another small screen cap video showing off the differences between both platform environments? This would allow us to see the differences ourselves and reach out to CQG/TradingView with some evidence to this issue.

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

2 Likes

Here are two clips. One for tradingviewdotcom and one for the cqg.tradingdotcom

TradingView
https://www.screencast.com/t/lnApZjIdbkr

cqg.tradingview
https://www.screencast.com/t/dKHaH6DV

As you can see the cqg candle time is wrong. 8:00 then 8:30 and so on until intraday market close.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi @skfutures,

Thanks for providing me with those two videos so we could see a comparison.

I do see the issue you are facing, however, it doesn’t seem to be entirely consistent. The CQG candle time seems to be primarily in 1 hour intervals until you hit 8:30, after 8:30, it then seems to go back to the one hour interval.

I took a look at our own live datafeed on cqg.tradingview.com, using a 1 hr time interval for the EPU19 and similar things happened to my own chart. It wasn’t consistent either, but I noticed every few hours an interval would jump by 30m rather than 1H.

Now that I see the issue you are facing, I’m a bit more informed with what is going on here. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you at this time. I do not know if it is an issue with the interface or if there is something going on within the market that is causing this to occur. I’ll be reaching out to TradingView and CQG to see if we can find an answer for this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

1 Like

Thank you Jake,
It prints like this when market opens 8:30 chicago time.
It always do this RTH open and prints every one hour ending in :30min then resets again when RTH close printing every one hour ending :00 min.

@skfutures

Hi Andrew,

We just received word back from CQG support.

Apparently, the issue you are experiencing is considered a session situation. This appears to be default on the CQG data feed.

Some native CQG products have the ability to handle this by creating custom sessions, however, I don’t believe TradingView has such a capability at this time. If TradingView did have custom sessions, you would essentially be able to eliminate the time interval changing at market open.

I hope this clears things up!
Thanks,
Jake

1 Like

Hi there

Regarding Tradinview.

Do you know what “Value” to use/put in in the stock screener on MA200 (or 50) if:

• You wanna see the MA cross up the MA200 (Golden Cross)?
  • If you wanna see the chart line cross up on MA 200?!

Udklip%20200|559x256

I cant really figure it out with the “Value” parameter (i have attached file).

Happy New Year…

BR
Henrik

Hi @Henrik_Mouridsen,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum.

Being that we are Futures brokers, we typically do not use the stock screener feature within TradingView as we have no need for it, so we aren’t too familiar with it’s functionality/features.

That being said, we’d be more than willing to help you! The file/image you attached is unfortunately not recognizable. Can you please attempt to add it using a different method? As of right now, we cannot see what you are referring to so it is a bit hard to assist you.

Please provide us with a valid screenshot so we have a better understanding of where you are in the platform + what you are trying to accomplish and we’ll attempt to help you the best we can!

Thanks,
Jake

There one little problem I found: in the hourly charts Tradeview starts with a one hour candle whereas most charting platforms start with 30 and then they go to one hour. Is there a way to change the settings?

Hello @itasurfer,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community forum!

I’ve just attempted to search for this myself and I cannot find any configurable setting related to candlesticks outside of the default settings. I do not see anything related to candlestick formations that can be configured on TradingView.

You could always look for a third-party custom script or indicator created by another TradingView user, but this is obviously not something found on the default platform.

If I find anything on this I will respond to this thread. If you end up finding this setting, I would love to hear how you configured it!

Thanks for your time,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

Hi,
is it possible to create a OCO if Im already in a position?
Ive only seen videos where OCOs are created before a trade is taken but never after.
thanks
Zoran