Help Center Blog Open An Account

TradingView Trading Platform Questions

Please post your questions here about TradingView on this thread.

Thank you,
Matt Z
www.optimusfutures.com

Hey,

I’m enjoying the use of TradingView as my web-based platform. It’s been proving more advanced in terms of indicators and chart features available, than competing web based/cloud platforms. However this is more of an execution based question:

CQG connected fine and works for trading. Do you know if there will be OCO orders available with TradingView? I don’t know if this is a broker thing, a TradingView implementation or CQG feature. Currently I am unable to have a bracket order where I’ve preset my parameters (Stop Loss and Take Profit). At the moment I’m having to manually set and remove any Stops or Limit orders.

I only need this feature if I happen to step away from the charts and can’t monitor my position - wouldn’t want to accidentally enter an unintended new trade because I didn’t remove one of remaining orders from the previous position.

Thanks.

@metalhead, I really appreciate your question and we share your sentiment as far as far as the quality of the TradingView platform.vI have been told by TradingView that we should see such features in the next 30 to 45 days.
Clearly, the OCO order is a fundamental must when it comes to trading orders functionalities.

I believe that due to TradingView popularity, the development team will dd many more functionalities for execution and risk management.

In the mean time, you can consider adding your execution through any type of platform that drives CQG. In fact, you can consider **CQG Trader**because this is one of the better execution platforms while it has many reporting capabilities.
Again, I prefer to have it all in one, but many use platforms for executions and charting separately.

When we will have an update, I will update on this thread.

Thank you,

Matt
Optimus Futures
www.optimusfutures.com

Does TradingView allow you to follow peers or just expert investors?

You can follow anyone who publishes his/her ideas.

Thank you,

Optimus Futures
www.optimusfutures.com