True OCO (One Cancels Other) orders for Futures Contracts

I have been trying to figure out how to place a true OCO (One Cancels Other) order but the button to place the order as an OCO never lights up and I’m only allowed to submit multiple orders instead. I know how to use the MOE and OE, as well as all of the rest of the order entry tools, but I would love to be able to place a real deal OCO order.

Am I doing something wrong or is a true OCO order just simply not an option with the platform?

1 Like

Hi @Daedalus,

Thank you for your question.

Optimus Flow does have true, sever side OCO and bracket orders.

IF you place your orders via the order entry window, chart trading, or via the DOM and enable the stop loss/take profit bracket orders - these will automatically be OCO in nature.

If you do not place your orders via the stop loss/take profit configuration and place your stop loss or take profit orders manually, you must connect them via OCO in the working orders window.

I think the problem is that you may not be selecting both orders.

To select both orders, hold CTRL on your keyboard and left click both orders you want linked as an OCO and they will highlight. Once are both higlighted, right click on one of the orders and choose the LINK AS OCO option.

As you can see both orders are highlighted blue, which means they are both selected.

Once both orders are blue, right click as shown below and select LINK OCO:

After they are linked, the order type column should display the orders as (OCO), see below:

Once your orders are linked this way, once one order is filled or removed, the opposite order will automatically cancel on the server.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

1 Like

Thank you SOOOO much!!! I was not able to find any literature in any of the help guides about this. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about.Thank you again!! :metal:

2 Likes

So I’ve been doing exactly as you described and the link OCO option is grayed out, regardless of the order type. I’ve tried combinations of order types. I’ve tried it in the MOE, the chart, and the DOM. I’ve tried all of the entry types (single, multiple per side, and multiple.) Does the order entry type even matter for OCO orders? Still no luck. I am currently sim trading so MAYBE that’s the issue?

Hi @Daedalus,

The method of linking server side OCO orders I showed in my reply was through the ORD - Working orders window.

To my knowledge, users on Rithmic do not have the ability to use the MOE window to link orders as an OCO. These orders can only be linked in the ORD window after the order group is submitted. I will need to confirm this with our developers, but this is my personal experience. It could be because of the simulator as well since orders placed via the simulator are held locally, not stored on Rithmic’s server.

For example, if you submit a configuration similar to my image below:

Once the orders are submitted, simply open your working orders screen and then link your working orders as an OCO using the method in my original response:

I hope this method works for you!
Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures

Thanks for that. Link OCO for sim orders does indeed not work, but live orders do.

2 Likes