Vertical separator for region 3

Hello:

I am trading futures with Sierra Chart and I was trying to figure out a way to set up a vertical separator on the right side of the chart approximately 30mm wide. Can this be done in Sierra Chart?

Thanks,
Jow

@Wangtong

This looks to be possible on Sierra Chart, but it will require a bit of configuration on your end.

1. Turn on the Vertical Grid feature. To enable this go to the Chart tab > Vertical Grid

2. With the vertical grid activated, you may need to change the spacing between lines to achieve your desired region. Select Chart > Chart Settings > Advanced Settings 2 and then change the settings in the Vertical Grid Lines area located in the bottom left of the window.

3. Now to change the width, style, or color of your vertical grid lines head over to Global Settings > Graphics Settings. Highlight the Chart Grid option and then adjust as needed. (I would suggest to choose a solid line). Once selected, left click Apply.

The image below is the result of the settings that have been applied from the image above. You may need to choose a few different options to achieve the results you desire.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me at: jake@optimusfutures.com or give us a call at: (800) 771-6748

Thanks,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support

1 Like

That wasn’t what I had in mind. You may have an indicator like MACD that is below your chart with a horizontal divider which become region 2, What I would like is a vertical divider where i can output some standard statistical measures like up and down vol for NYSE and NASDAQ. There is a bunch of them. It helps give a clearer view if the market is reversing or it is just a pull back. I also like having the official clock up there so I can see as a when a bar is closing. In essence I want to reduce the size of the window for region 1 and 2