Which Sierra Chart version do I use? SierraChart or SierraChart_64?

I’ve just downloaded the platform and noticed that once it was done there were two versions that downloaded. One that says SierraChart and one called SierraChart_64.

Which one should I use? What is the difference?

Thanks

The Sierra Chart version you should use is entirely dependent on your computers operating system and processor. If your computer is relatively new it is safe to say that you are running a 64-bit machine, therefore you should use the SierraChart_64 version.

You should double check however. You can find this information in your computers systems settings.

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System. The information can be found under System Type.

As you can see, under the system type field, my system’s operating system and processor’s bit count are listed here. My computer is running on 64 bit, therefore I can run the 64 bit version of Sierra Chart. Unless your system type field displays a 32 bit there is no reason for you to run the normal version of Sierra Chart. A computer’s bit count indicates how much data it can process, the speed with which it can process the data, and the maximum memory capacity. Using the normal version of Sierra Chart would only limit you here, as the 64 bit version would run much faster.

Features wise, the two versions are identical. The only difference is the speed at which they run at and process information.

Let us know if you are having any trouble identifying the bit count of your computer or any other questions related to this matter.

Thanks,
Jake

Optimus Futures Support

Thanks for your response. It looks like I am running 64.

In that case can I delete the normal version of Sierra Chart then? I don’t want it to take up space.

1 Like

Yes you can delete the 32-bit version of Sierra Chart.

This will have no implication on the 64-bit version.

1 Like