How to properly save default settings, workspace, chartbook?

After I started tweaking SierraCharts custom options, how to best make sure I saved all of the layouts,
display settings and windows configs going forward so I can easily reload when I restart the platform.
It may be a simple question but there is a few options available and wanted to know the best way to streamline the process.
Thanks,

• P11

@Project11

Essentially every time you exit the platform you will be prompted to save any changes you have made.

For precautionary reasons, I would suggest to head over to 1. File > Save All before you intend to shut down Sierra Chart.

This will create a Chartbook for you. All chart windows, Time and Sales windows, Market Depth windows, Trade windows for charts, Trade DOM windows, and Spreadsheets used by the Spreadsheet studies are contained within Chartbooks. A Chartbook is not a window. It is a collection of multiple windows.

A Chartbook is like a desktop/layout/workspace for Sierra Chart. Multiple charts and other windows can be contained within a single Chartbook. When a chart or Trade DOM window is opened, it is added to a Chartbook. A new Chartbook named chartbook#.cht is created if one is not already open when a chart or Trade DOM is opened.

If you have multiple contracts you trade, you can save each one under a different chartbook for organizational purposes. Each DOM, time & sales, chart, or spreadsheet associated with that contract can all be saved under one universal chartbook for that specific contract.

There’s a ton of customization options that can be utilized on Sierra Chart with some creative thinking.

Thanks for your question,
Jake
Optimus Futures Support :optimus_logo_no_backroug:

2 Likes

@Mod-JakeM,
That’s great. Thanks for a detailed explanation of the Sierra layout/saving of the “chartbook” environment.
Best Regards,

• P11
2 Likes

@Mod-JakeM,
So essentially, it sounds like there’s two ways to group/organize my workspaces (Chartbooks) in Sierra Chart:

1. Save the windows such as charts, Doms, time &sales Etc as a Chartbook
    or
  2. Save separate Chartbooks for separate instruments for example.

So if I wanted to trade 4 separate instruments I would be better off saving 4 separate Chartbooks and toggle between them by clicking the 4 separate TABS which would open custom saved windows/layouts/instruments within each particular Chartbook.
This way I don’t have to have all of the instruments cluttered within one and the same main Chartbook?

It’s a standard feature with many programs but I can’t wait to try it out on Sierra Chart.

Regards,

• P11
1 Like

@Project11 Exactly!

It honestly comes down to personal preference. If you’d like you can have a chart/Dom for each contract all saved under one chartbook or you can have a chartbook for each separate instrument which would include it’s own DOM/Chart.

Either method you choose will provide a surefire way to save the progress you’ve made on the platform and provide you with an easy way to stay organized.

2 Likes